Poor baby has a fever! Tuesday night we noticed Mary Margo was not very playful and not acting herself. We checked her temp twice throughout the night and it went from 99 to 100.8. When I called the pediatricians office they said to take her into the ER. The nurse said that they do not play around with babies her age and a fever. Much to my surprise, babies are not suppose to have fevers this young. We followed Doctor's orders and ventured to the ER at 10pm. After 1 1/2 hour wait and lots of doubt about our decision to take our healthy child to the germie ER, we were seen and her temp was 102. At this point, I knew we did the right thing. To make a long story short, they poked and prodded on Mary Margo and we were admitted around 3am. She recieved some antibiotics through an IV and had to stay for 48 hours. They think it is a virus. So we are in what Dusty is calling "Lock Down" at the house until she gets her second set of shots at 8 weeks. Lucky for me, that is only two more weeks. For now, the fever has gone down and we are resting at home. I have to take her back to the clinic tomorrow to check all the test. She is feeling much better and is playing and smiling. We are so happy to see her back home and being herself.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
2 Nights in the Hospital
Poor baby has a fever! Tuesday night we noticed Mary Margo was not very playful and not acting herself. We checked her temp twice throughout the night and it went from 99 to 100.8. When I called the pediatricians office they said to take her into the ER. The nurse said that they do not play around with babies her age and a fever. Much to my surprise, babies are not suppose to have fevers this young. We followed Doctor's orders and ventured to the ER at 10pm. After 1 1/2 hour wait and lots of doubt about our decision to take our healthy child to the germie ER, we were seen and her temp was 102. At this point, I knew we did the right thing. To make a long story short, they poked and prodded on Mary Margo and we were admitted around 3am. She recieved some antibiotics through an IV and had to stay for 48 hours. They think it is a virus. So we are in what Dusty is calling "Lock Down" at the house until she gets her second set of shots at 8 weeks. Lucky for me, that is only two more weeks. For now, the fever has gone down and we are resting at home. I have to take her back to the clinic tomorrow to check all the test. She is feeling much better and is playing and smiling. We are so happy to see her back home and being herself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We Praise God that Mary Margo is doing better. We're glad that she is home and we will be coming to see her when she gets out of "lock down".
Love,
Papa Joe & Mama Sue
Poor Mary Margo. I am so glad she is home and doing better. How scary; it a good thing you went to the hospital and stopped it before it got any worse. I know the next couple of weeks will be tough for all of you. You will be in our prayers.
So sorry you had to visit the hospital...I'm glad to hear that Mary Margo is feeling better! Love to you all!
ginger brady
I'm so glad that baby girl is much better! We know how scary that was, the same thing happened to Jonathan at one month and we were on vacation with him.
Love ya'll, Auntie Sherry
Post a Comment