Today we had a little kitchen "lab" that turned into an explosion of fun, oldies music, dancing, and of course, an explosion of SALSA!
I am going to try my best to paint this picture with my words. We were having WAY too much fun to stop and find the camera and take pictures of it!
It started something like this
"Hey Mary Margo, you want to help me make salsa?"
"YEAHHHHHH, that will be lots of fun."
And lots of fun it was....
we chopped onions and Mary Margo informed me that they will make you cry. When I asked her who told her that (assuming it was Nana) she replied Caillou. It's always reassuring that the TV is teaching my children useful knowledge.
We dropped the tomatoes in the food processor and on the counter and back in the processor until we dropped too many in the processor and it started leaking all over the counter.
Hmmm. what to do now?
Move the salsa to the blender. More room in there and a bigger mess to move than I thought .....so that equals more tomato sauce on the counter....
we added all the other ingredients without any more mishaps.
taste test - all is GOOD!
On to the cleaning of the kitchen -
Mary Margo wanted to wash the dishes. I said "SURE! Why not?"
So she rinsed all the dishes in the sink with LOTS of water while I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher.
This task called for some music.
Which turned this task into a DANCE PARTY
Who's that you hear? Chubby Checker....oh yeah....let's do the TWIST!!!! Then a little JAMES BROWN - WHHHAAAA I feel good! oh and who's hips can stay still when ELVIS is singing?
Mommy was doing the twist, Dottie was bouncing up and down trying to do the twist, Mary Margo was giggling and twisting all while rinsing the dishes, her shirt, the cabinets and the floor. Even Dusty did a little twisting jig on his way out the door for a run.
pandora.com - Summer Oldies Station - I HIGHLY recommend this station to step up any mundane task.....
Once all the dishes were done, the counters wiped off, Mary Margo's wet clothes changed, we slowed it down a bit, ate lunch and Dottie took a nap. All that twisting and climbing, makes a little girl tired.
Oh yes, Dottie climbing. I almost forgot to mention. While we were making all that commotion. Dottie was standing in her high chair and attempting to climb out of it. I finally took her out and put her on the floor to crawl around and what does she do? Climbs from the floor, to the chair, then to the table top of Mary Margo's little table in our kitchen. Then as soon as Mary Margo got out of the chair at the sink, Dottie was in it trying to reach the sink. Lord, please help me keep these little feet on the ground.
No comments:
Post a Comment