I did find myself watching the clock from 12 noon on. I could hardly stand the wait to hear about her first day of school.
12:41 - My friend Ashley text me this. She works in the schools and saw Mary Margo at lunch time. Her is what MM said to her "I am happy today because it is my first day of Kindergarten."
1:40 - Dottie and I got in the car to catch our spot in the car line. I was rather impressed with the organization of the pick up system.
2:05 - They call her name to come to the pick up line. I pull up, the door slings open and there she is! My Kindergartener. She has to crawl over Dottie to get to her seat. Of course, that caused a LOUD sister squeal and hugs and Mary Margo showing the teacher that her and Dottie matched outfits.
2:06 - In her car seat, buckling up and telling me about her day.
"Momma, I saw three of my friends I already know today. Mary McKennon, Collin, and Molly."
"Awesome, Did you make a new friend?"
"No, I will do that tomorrow."
She was a CHATTER BOX when we got home and couldn't stop hugging and holding Dottie. We talked about lunch. She ate chicken nuggets and bread and she was SO excited about the Chocolate milk option too. She told me about her journal writing and reading books. And rest time, she didn't go to sleep she just rested...not surprised! She was a big ball of energy for about an hour.
2:30 - back to the Legos. She got a box of legos this weekend for her birthday and all she wants to do is play with them.
3:00 - She ask for a lolliop and wants to watch DIYnetwork with me while I fold clothes. I finished folding clothes.
4:00 - I woke up with Mary Margo on top of me, asleep, and the lollipop was stuck to her shirt. I shimmy my way out from under her and lay her on the couch.
5:00 - Dusty attempted to wake her for dinner.
5:15 - I picked her up off the couch, still half asleep, and sat her at the dinner table. I asked if she was ready to go to bed and she shook her head yes.
She re-energized from dinner and a short phone call to our friend, Alana Brown. She stayed up for a few hours playing outside with her new ball and bat. She played her guitar with Dusty. We had a little dance party with Dottie. Then it was time to wind it on down and take it to the bed.
She liked her first day so well that she is ready to go back tomorrow. Hopefully it will go just as smooth.
Several people asked what Dottie did today?
She did what Dottie does best....as long as her feet are off the ground and there is something in her mouth, no matter what it is... she is happy!
![]() |
| Ah, what is up here? |
![]() |
| Mom's purse looks good. Let's taste it! |
![]() |
| And then the smile. |
I couldn't tell that she really missed Mary Margo. She did let Mary Margo hug on her a little more than normal when she got home. All in all, I think she enjoyed some time to herself.




No comments:
Post a Comment