It has been a big week around here with Kindergarden, gymnastics, choir, dentist and doctor visits, and just the general getting in the groove.
By Thursday morning, Mary Margo was tired. She didn't want to get out of bed or go to school. I was tired too. Needless to say, we had quiet the morning just getting there. She was over it!
By Thursday afternoon, Mary Margo was still tired and we had to go to the dentist. I always give Mary Margo a run down of the day in the morning so that she has something to look forward to or, in this case, so she is prepared and to avert a melt down. I skipped this step that morning. It was already bad enough without throwing in a dentist visit.
I knew that she wouldn't be happy about the dentist when I picked her up and she did have a moment of the crazy cry. But I was prepared! I brought her birthday money along for the ride and bribed her with a trip to spend it if she was good. That made the rest of the ride peaceful and we made it to the dentist 30 min early. This didn't make our appointment 30 min early. So there we sat in the waiting room with a tired 4yr old and a restless and VERY loud 1yr old.
And then it happened....
Right smack in the middle of our crazy hectic day, Mary Margo starts praying in the waiting room. After almost a week of learning so many new things. God, in turn, used her to remind me a very simple lesson.
She was playing school with the side table in the waiting room. The only book she had was the Bible. She flipped through it and taught her make believe students her version of Jesus and God stories. Then she bowed her head and folded her hands to pray out loud for all to hear.
THANK YOU GOD FOR TODAY
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING
PLEASE KEEP US SAFE
AMEN
There in that moment all I could think about was her sweet innocent spirit. Oh, to have just a spoonful of it! She didn't care who was around or what they would think. She just folded her hands and prayed her little prayer of thanksgiving. Over these past few days, this moment keeps coming back to me along with the verse Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.
I am also reminded that God is with us EVERYWHERE! No matter the kind of day you are having and you can call out to him whenever and where ever you are.
My prayer -
THANK YOU GOD FOR THIS DAY - it may be wild and crazy but we love it
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING - our blessings abound us.
PLEASE KEEP US SAFE - cover us with Your protection daily
Our day got better and she did fantastic at the dentist. So good, that she got a slap bracelet. WOW! Then we went to Walmart and came home with a pink electric Barbie guitar in exchange for her birthday money.
2 comments:
Super Sweet Peg! Isn't it amazing, when things are at their craziest, their innocence can find the blessings! I remember one day I was going nuts, yelling at the dog, and Andrew says, "maybe God made Apollo special, just like he made me special." Bam, hello wake-up moment. I'm glad they are here to remind us!
Well said Neisha "their innocence can find the blessings!" Love it!
Post a Comment