6:00am - alarm rings and I am off to the coffee pot.
Can't help but sing The Jackson 5
Reading and writing arithmetic
Are the branches of the learning tree
A B C, easy as one, two, three
Are simple as do re mi
A B C, one, two, three, baby, you and me girl
6:30 - it took a few extra shakes but Mary Margo woke up and was surprisingly pleasant. We tip toed around the hallway so we didn't wake Dottie.
6:45am - dressed, hair brushed, shoes on, breakfast on the table - "I'm ready to go to Kindergarten, NOW!"
7:00am - Convo with Mary Margo over breakfast
"You know what I am going to do today while you are at school? I am going to go to the grocery store, and fold clothes."
Mary Margo's response, "Or you could watch a movie."
7:15am - our Estimated Time of Departure
7:17am - building a LEGO airplane tower so it can be in her picture with her
7:18am - pose for picture - drop the airplane tower - LEGO's EVERYWHERE!
7:20am - Crisis contained, picture taken, to the car we go.
![]() |
| We Made It! |
7:45am - In the Yellow Pod, backpack put away, big hug, kiss and our goodbye. She is in her seat READY TO GO!
![]() |
| Mrs. Jackson and Mary Margo |
8:00am - Back in the car driving home....alone with glassy eyes....And just like that it is done, My first little baby girl is in Kindergarten. (and with the typing of those words the tears start falling...)
IT IS GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY!!! AND A GREAT SCHOOL YEAR!!!




2 comments:
So big! I can't believe she is already in kindergarten. And it is great after 5 years of parenting she gave you permission to sit around and watch a movie while she is gone. :) She will have a great year. I wish my kids got the chance to go to AEEC!
so sweet...i know today is tough; been there myself twice now!! it's hard to let them grow up:(
Post a Comment